The metaverse?

JohnBW1973

If you haven't already, you need to listen to this podcast: https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/109 ... -metaverse

Vanessa Grellet, CoinFund’s Head of Portfolio Growth, talks about the future of NFTs and she is very bullish. In my mind, this was the most telling statement she made :
[We’re] having digital first generations who are going to live in the Metaverse, who are buying land, who are buying clothes, who are buying experiences there, it creates almost like a second huge market for consumer goods and experience.
While I may not be a "digital native" like many Millennials and those in Gen Z, I've spent most of time keeping abreast of tech advances, etc. And yet, I cannot wrap my mind around buying "digital" land or clothes. My nephew buys costumes on Fortnite and I'm over here thinking, "But why?" Maybe that's my 1980s video-game-mind talking. I don't know.

I definitely think NFTs have a future. But will huge numbers of people really be spending that much time in the "metaverse"? Maybe once VR has gotten really advanced and taken off...

Return to “NFTs (Non Fungible Tokens)”