Blockchain & innovations

MrsLesperance

I came across an article today that I wanted to share and get feedback on, but I wasn't exactly sure where it belonged. It's a piece by Sean Manion, the Chief Scientific Officer for ConsenSys Health, entitled Science will be Blockchained by 2025: A 2019 In-Progress Review. It is well worth the read.

In it, Manion looks at several major industries and reviews how they're incorporating blockchain technology into their processes. He notes the increase in peer-reviewed material that looks at blockchain tech (a sure sign that blockchain will continue to flourish). He discusses the use of blockchain in a number of non-profits, universities, and governmental departments. Oddly enough, industry seems to be the one lagging behind when it comes to blockchain implementation. He believes this is because of...
a dated Silicon Valley model of tech innovation, a FinTech view of blockchain that differs markedly from what works in science and health, and a hesitancy to go all-in with a collaborative approach.
What do you think? Why does industry seem to be lagging here? Or do you think they really are?

Return to “GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure”